Congo Migrant Works Security United States Airport
August 30, 2019
EBOLA Health Care Preparedness Lead
- Responsible for assisting the HCCs develop a comprehensive emergency preparedness training program focused on all hazards incidents that include disasters, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive scenarios,trauma and burns, novel pathogens such as Ebola.
MHA is currently seeking a Health Care Preparedness Lead Educator to join our team in Elkridge, Maryland. Reporting to the Director, Health Care Preparedness, this person will serve as a vital member of MHA’s team. This a full-time grant-funded, contract position. The contract is renewed annually in July based on funding.
The mission of the Maryland Hospital Association (MHA) is to serve Maryland’s hospitals and health systems through collective action to shape policies,practices, financing and performance to advance health care and the health of all Marylanders. MHA advocates for members and their constituents – caregivers, patients, and communities – before state legislative and regulatory bodies.
MHA also aids member organizations in their shared efforts – both within the field and in concert with other stakeholders in the private and public sectors – to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of health care services.
As the Health Care Preparedness Educator with MHA, you will:
Conduct stakeholder engagement and interviews to collect data for development of curriculum, training plans, and drills and exercises for Health Care Coalitions (HCCs) on mitigation, protection, preparedness, response, and recovery;
- Responsible for assisting the HCCs develop a comprehensive emergency preparedness training program focused on all hazards incidents that include disasters, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive scenarios,trauma and burns, novel pathogens such as Ebola and others;
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-year Exercise Program for the HCCs that adheres to the Homeland Security’s Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) principles;
- Directly support and provide technical assistance to the four HCCs of Maryland which are collaborative networks of healthcare organizations and the irrespective public and private sector response partners from multiple disciplines including health care, public health, emergency management,emergency medical services, fire, police and others;
- In conjunction with the HCCs, assist in planning for measurable,increased healthcare preparedness and resiliency within Maryland;
- Develop and maintain a sound management structure for preparedness
- education activities, policies, and procedures, to meet the needs of the regional HCCs;
- Apply principles and practices of emergency management including the National Incident Management System’s (NIMS) Incident Command System (ICS) and HSEEP to improve HCCs overall level of preparedness;
Establishes and manages a timeline of education and exercise deliverables to ensure compliance of the HCCs with the HPP;
- Assist other MHA Health Care Preparedness staff in planning, and supporting resource management needs of the HCCs;
- Assist and coordinate planning for statewide and/regional conferences for HPP participants and stakeholders as needed.
- Support the development of written reports, surveys, data collections tools, presentations, fact sheets, and white papers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Three to five years’ work experience in emergency management, homeland security, hospital operations, public health, emergency services, and/or a combination;
- Knowledge of the Hospital Preparedness Program and health care regional emergency management functions;
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing training courses and teaching to varied audiences;
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing a full range of exercise types within the scope of HSEEP;
- Basic knowledge of emergency management standards within healthcare accrediting agencies such as The Joint Commission or willing to learn;
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- High attention to detail and ability to track and maintain deadlines;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate leadership qualities and the ability to be a champion for the HCCs and healthcare facilities;
- Demonstrated record of related accomplishments and the ability to work collaboratively and be consensus.
The Maryland Hospital Association offers our employees a low-cost, comprehensive benefits package, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and more.
Click the link below for more information on Ebola Outbreak Map . Com
PLEASE SHARE THIS STORY ON TWITTER THE NEWS MEDIA IS NOT COVERING THIS STORY.
BE SURE TO TWEET IT OUT TO YOUR FOLLOWERS AND POST IT ON YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.
Ebola Maryland Hospitals get ready for Ebola Patients
Purell Stock Up Now
Ebola Outbreak Map . Com Trademark and website for sale
Ebola Outbreak Map ® is registered under the Federal Trademark Act of 1946 with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Any unauthorized use, publication or infringement of this designation without express written permission is prohibited. Such violation is subject to liability for damages, injunctive relief, attorney’s fees and other penalties, civil and criminal. The Trademark and Licensing can be purchased. Interest parties may submit their requests via email: email@example.com